Focused Ultrasound Simulation Education - Institutional
The University of Melbourne Focused Ultrasound Simulator Education (FUSE) offers accredited, affordable and high-quality solutions to hospitals who are wanting to run their own specialised ultrasound education for their hospital staff.
The simulator eLearning education packages have been designed to take away the hard work of having to create an education program from the beginning. There are six different eLearning education packages offered, FCU TTE, FCU TOE, FCU TOE Advanced, FCU Peri-arrest, Vascular Access and Lung. The eLearning component of the course is delivered online and is fully supported.
The following FUSE courses are available:
- FCU Transthoracic Echocardiography Course (TTE)
- FCU Transthoracic Echocardiography Advanced Course (TTE Advanced)
- FCU Transoesophageal Echocardiography Course (TOE)
- FCU Transoesophageal Echocardiography Advanced Course (TOE Advanced)
- FCU Peri-arrest Course
- FUSE Vascular Access Course
- FUSE Lung Ultrasound Course
- Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Venous Access
The simulator courses are delivered online. Course materials can be downloaded to iPad, Android or Windows tablets or can be accessed online using a browser.
The programs have been designed to ensure that clinicians gain:
- Knowledge – via interactive eLearning
- Practice – via self-directed practice on simulators
- Examination – via online assessment portal
- Recognition – completion certificate
- Clinical logbook option – to keep a record of all clinical cases performed
The host hospital provides:
- Simulator workshop – (Train the Trainer package available for all Simulator eLearning programs)
- CAE Simulator and Pathology
The combination of CAE simulators and the University of Melbourne eLearning provides an easy to deliver and low-cost training solution together with the confidence that staff are getting well-structured learning and good support.
Please contact us if you need assistance in hosting a program in your hospital.
A: Level 6, Centre for Medical Research (entrance 5), Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3050