Focused Ultrasound Simulator Education COVID-19 Lung
Lung ultrasound can identify common causes of lung pathology encountered in medicine and surgery, including COVID-19 infection.
- Advantages over chest x-ray and computer tomography include increased availability, lack of exposure to radiation, reduced cost and repeated use as a monitor
- Practice scanning and interpretation of pathology on a Vimedix Ultrasound Simulator guided by your personal digital assistant.
- Learn how to report lung ultrasound - download the app from the Apple Store.
- Other skills learned include safe and practical methods of minimising contamination with micro-organisms and ultrasound-guided aspiration and drainage of pleural effusion.
- For Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Training click here.
- Learn and practice how to perform lung ultrasound
- Learn and practice how to interpret common lung pathologies and COVID-19 using lung ultrasound
- Learn how to perform lung ultrasound safely for patients with a contagious disease
- Learn and practice performing ultrasound-guided aspiration and drainage of pleural effusion
- Introduction to the course
- Lung Ultrasound Diagnosis
- COVID-19 Lung Ultrasound Tutorial
- Lung Ultrasound Procedures and Case Studies
- Performing Lung Ultrasound on the Simulator
- Lung Ultrasound Simulator Drainage of Pleural Effusion
12 Simulator Case Studies
- Have a go at scanning the simulator and diagnose the lung conditions
- Personalised and secure online logbook to facilitate certification
- Supervisor verification option
- David Canty
- Alistair Royse
- Colin Royse
- Lindsay Bridgford
- Andre Denault
- Kavi Haji
A: Level 6, Centre for Medical Research (entrance 5), Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3050