Focused Ultrasound Simulator Education COVID-19 Lung
Lung ultrasound can identify common causes of lung pathology encountered in medicine and surgery, including COVID-19 infection.
- Advantages over chest x-ray and computer tomography include increased availability, lack of exposure to radiation, reduced cost and repeated use as a monitor
- Practice scanning and interpretation of pathology on a Vimedix Ultrasound Simulator guided by your personal digital assistant.
- Learn how to report lung ultrasound - download the app from the Apple Store.
- Other skills learned include safe and practical methods of minimising contamination with micro-organisms and ultrasound-guided aspiration and drainage of pleural effusion.
- For Focused Cardiac Ultrasound Training click here.
- No workshop or practice on patients/volunteers is required!
- Start and complete the course when it is convenient for you!
This is a self-directed online course. Upon receipt of payment, you will receive a “Getting Started” email with instructions on how to access the course materials. Have the flexibility to study in your own time and location. Program materials can be accessed through the eLearning app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the program materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Program materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
You will need access to a VimedixTM Ultrasound Simulator with pleural module (CAE Healthcare). The COVID-19 lung ultrasound and thoracocentesis Blue Phantom simulators are optional.
Students have the flexibility to study in their own time and location. Course materials can be accessed through the Education app on smartphones and tablets with iOS, Android or Windows systems. Once the course materials have been downloaded on smartphones and tablets, all the interactive media content can be viewed even when offline (however, internet access is required periodically to login or re-verify login credentials). Course materials can also be accessed online using a web browser.
- Learn and practice how to perform lung ultrasound
- Learn and practice how to interpret common lung pathologies and COVID-19 using lung ultrasound
- Learn how to perform lung ultrasound safely for patients with contagious disease
- Learn and practice performing ultrasound guided aspiration and drainage of pleural effusion
- Introduction to the course
- Lung Ultrasound Diagnosis
- COVID-19 Lung Ultrasound Tutorial
- Lung Ultrasound Procedures and Case Studies
- Performing Lung Ultrasound on the Simulator
- Lung Ultrasound Simulator Drainage of Pleural Effusion
12 Simulator Case Studies
- Have a go at scanning the simulator and diagnose the lung conditions
- Personalised and secure online logbook to facilitate certification
- Supervisor verification option
- On-line MCQ’s, open book and feedback in real-time
- David Canty
- Alistair Royse
- Colin Royse
- Lindsay Bridgford
- Andre Denault
- Kavi Haji
A: Level 6, Centre for Medical Research (entrance 5), Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3050