Interdisciplinary Management of the Upper Lateral Incisor Conundrum
This program aims to demonstrate a comprehensive interdisciplinary approach to the dilemma we all face in clinical practice of congenitally missing lateral incisors and peg shaped lateral incisors. The specialist presenters will bring a wealth of expertise in key aspects of this field.
- Orthodontics: Treatment planning and case selection: to open or close space?
- Prosthodontics: Using a range of restorative options for the treatment of peg lateral incisors. Comprehensive planning involving implants in the lateral incisor region. Using Maryland adhesive bridges to restore missing lateral incisors.
- Endodontics: Diagnosis and strategies in management of dens invaginatus and considerations in management of incomplete root formation of the lateral incisor.
- Periodontics: Practical implication on integrating socket preservation into everyday clinical practice.
- Maxillofacial surgery: Advances in 3D printing of bone grafting.
At the conclusion of the program participants should be able to:
- Understand the timing of various treatment choices according to patient needs
- Identify which cases are best suited to orthodontic space opening or closure
- Understand the different space requirements for the various treatment options
- Understand the prescription and limitation of small diameter implants
- Understand the material and preparation requirements for adhesive bridges
- Understand the biological basis for socket preservation and identify case scenarios suitable for preservation procedures
- Understand endodontic considerations in management of teeth with incomplete root formation.
- Understand the optimum timing of implant placement for the missing lateral incisor.
- Understand which cases are best suited for implant placement and which are not suitable.
- Understand the space requirements for implant placement in the lateral incisor region.
- Understand the limitations of today’s digital planning for implant replacement of the lateral incisor.
Program Delivery – Online Blended Learning and Hands-on Pre-clinical session
- Online web lectures via Learning Management System, Canvas.
- A short MCQ (multiple choice questions)to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of Scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online Live Q&A Session for follow up questions and interaction with the presenters.
For enquiries, contact: email@example.com
Check out a full profile on the presenters.
Dr Michael Zhao
Dr Yana Itskovich
Dr Sam Verco
Dr Nigel Souter
Dr Praveen Nathaniel
Dr Matthew Chan