SES: Surgical Extraction Skills (Formerly Dentoalveolar Surgery Refresher course)
This course is designed to allow participants to refresh their knowledge of the basic principles of oral surgery and enhance their extraction skills. It will allow participants to achieve deeper insight into the most common surgical complications encountered in general practice and to become confident in the surgical management of minor dentoalveolar surgical cases as well as being able to manage medically compromised patients in a majority of situations.
- Medically compromised patient
- Infection control update
- Outline of basic surgical techniques
- Management of the Bisphosphonate patient
- Exodontia and management of common complications of exodontia
- Surgical management of third molars
- Surgical aspect of orthodontics, endodontics and prosthodontics
At the conclusion of the course, participants should:
- be able to manage the majority of complex extractions and minor dentoalveolar surgery cases
Participants wishing to enrol in this program must hold a current operator's license to use irradiating apparatus. Credentialing paperwork will be sent to participants upon enrolling.
Program Delivery – Online Blended Learning and Hands-on Pre-clinical session
- Online web lectures via Learning Management System, Canvas.
- A short MCQ (multiple choice questions) to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of Scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online Live Q&A Session for follow up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on Pre-clinical lab session and live patient surgery sessions – this session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and Live Q&A session.
For enquiries, contact: email@example.com
Check out a full profile on the presenters.
Dr Shreya Tocaciu
Mr Adrian DeAngelis
Mr Warren Crossley
Mr Jameel Kaderbhai
Dr Jason Savage
Dr Mehrnoosh (Nu) Dastaran
Dr Krati Garg
Dr Ken Sun
There will be no new intake of participants for the 2022 SES: Surgical Extractions Skills courses due to the cancellation of programs during 2021 lockdowns.
To place your name on the waiting list for the 2022 programs please email firstname.lastname@example.org on or after Friday 26 November 2021.
Information regarding the 2023 programs will be made available during mid to late 2022 and further details will be listed on the CPD web site at this time.
Monday 9 May to Thursday 12 May 2022 and
Monday 24 October to Thursday 27 October 2022
Course Fee $5,464 (inc GST)
Ground Floor, Pre-clinical Laboratory
723 Swanston Street, Carlton VIC 3053, and
Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital, 4th Floor, 720 Swanston Street,
Carlton VIC 3053
CPD Credit: 31 hours of Scientific CPD