Redefine your potential
Study in one of Australia's most progressive studio cultures and be part of a generation of professionals that are breaking new ground in design-inquiry and the built environment.
- Coursework Master of Architecture
- Coursework Master of Architectural Engineering
- Coursework Master of Construction Management
- Coursework Master of Design for Performance
- Certificate Graduate Certificate in Environmental Design
- Coursework Master of Landscape Architecture
- Coursework Master of Property
- Coursework Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage
- Coursework Master of Urban Design
- Coursework Master of Urban Planning
- Research Master of Philosophy - Architecture, Building and Planning
- Research Doctor of Philosophy - Architecture, Building and Planning
Experience our world-class facilities
Watch our students in the experimental design lab (Ex-Lab) as they play with design concepts, and research fabrication techniques and materials to create something truely unique.
Take a look at the MSDx student exhibition
MSDx showcases the quality and diversity of student work at the Melbourne School of Design. Works range from the highly imaginative to real world case studies, small design interventions to large urban proposals, and beyond. Explore each of our carefully curated digital exhibition spaces through interactive digital environments, videos, images, digital models, plans, virtual fly-throughs, renders and artworks.
Get to know our current students
Meet our students and learn more about their experience at the Melbourne School of Design including practical learning opportunities, subject and course structure and their professional outcomes.
Meet Master of Property student, Toby Wooldridge
"The Melbourne School of Design brings together a diverse range of students and professionals from all over the world. These factors, combined with the University’s connection to industry, who regularly partake in lectures and tutorials, is what attracted me to study here," says Toby, who completed his masters while working full-time in his industry.
"The built environment is central to the success of modern society. The development of cities, management of population growth and sustainable use of land will be increasingly important topics for property professionals to contribute towards."
Master of Urban Planning student and SGS Graham Larcombe Scholarship recipient, Guillermo Gómez
"I really enjoyed studying the Master of Urban Planning at Melbourne. The program is very flexible and allows you to specialise in different areas such as social, sustainable or transport planning. I also liked the structure of the course with one year of 'core' subjects to gain an overall understanding of Urban Planning followed by the opportunity to choose 'elective subjects' in your second year."
Meet Master of Architecture graduate, Audrey Cavalera
Audrey graduated from Melbourne in 2018. Today, she is working as a Graduate Architect at Bates Smart.
Start building your professional contacts from day one at Melbourne
Find out how the Built Industry Group - a non-profit, student-led initiative - will help you gain industry contacts, networks and experience.
Rearranging the way we learn
Moveable walls, beanbag drop zones and free-range layouts. Today’s classrooms would be barely recognisable to teachers from yesteryear. By changing the way school classrooms are structured, our researchers from the Melbourne Graduate School of Education and the Melbourne School of Design are improving the way children learn.
Graduate Certificate in Environmental Design
Master by coursework
- MSD's new suite of double masters degrees
- Master of Architectural Engineering overview
- Master of Architecture (200pt) overview
- Master of Architecture (300pt) overview
- Master of Construction Management overview
- Master of Landscape Architecture overview
- Master of Property overview
- Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage overview
- Master of Urban Design overview
- Master of Urban Planning overview
- Graduate Student Association
- Internationalising your degree - Global Learning
- Digital futures for entrepreneurs
Moving to Melbourne?
- University Accommodation options for graduates
- Residential College experience for graduates
- Accommodation at Melbourne
- Moving to Melbourne from Overseas