Redefine your potential
Benefit from direct access to world-leading researchers and educators, with our unique curriculum and partnership model that unites theory and practice to give you powerful insights into how students of all ages learn. You’ll graduate with the professional skills to assess, diagnose and support the learning of your future students.
Watch on demand
View overview videos
Explore one or more of our graduate research and masters programs. Hear from our current students, academics and alumni about the course structure, entry requirements and professional outcomes
Prepare for graduate study
Join a panel discussion with current students as they share their personal experiences, tips and tricks to balance work, life and study
- How to become a teacher: overview and panel
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology panel
- Master of Education overview and panel
- Master of Learning Intervention panel
- Become an early childhood teacher
- Master of Teaching (Primary) overview and panel
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) overview & panel
- Qualify to teach English and other Languages
- Graduate research in Education overview and panel
- Returning to study: Tips from Education students
- Graduate Student Association
- Internationalising your degree - Global Learning
- Digital futures for entrepreneurs
Moving to Melbourne?
- University Accommodation options for graduates
- Residential College experience for graduates
- Accommodation at Melbourne
- Moving to Melbourne from Overseas
Interested in academic tutoring?
- Coursework Master of Teaching (Early Childhood)
- Coursework Master of Teaching (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Coursework Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Coursework Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Coursework Master of TESOL
- Coursework Master of Education
- Coursework Master of Learning Intervention
- Coursework Master of Applied Positive Psychology
- Research Master of Educational Psychology/Doctor of Philosophy
- Research Master of Education (Research)
- Research Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
- Research Doctor of Education
Get to know our current students
Meet our students and learn more about their university experience, including how our research-driven program and integrated practical learning opportunities have impacted their learning.
Meet Master of Education student, Emma Murnane
“I don’t just enjoy studying at the Melbourne Graduate School of Education, I love it! I love the networking opportunities, I love meeting likeminded people and I love how the program supports our wonderful education system through research. Juggling the Master of Education with full-time teaching allows me to take the most current research straight into my classroom.”
Meet our Master of Teaching students
Hear from our Master of Teaching students as they discuss how the course invited them to put theory into practice through their teacher placements.
Get a taste of our education research with positive psychology
Positive psychology in schools is exploring how best to apply the science of wellbeing in key learning environments - helping students develop skills for life. Our Melbourne Graduate School of Education researchers are working with schools to change young peoples’ lives with the science of wellbeing.
Apply positive psychology to your life with this bite-sized lecture
Teaching Indigenous history in schools
Hear from Professor Marcia Langton about the University’s new schools’ resource material for the teaching of Indigenous history. In this Talking Teaching podcast episode, Professor Langton explains how a new generation of students is curious for truth telling about a culture that we know is 65 000 years old.