Redefine your potential
Take your first step toward building a sustainable future, no matter where your passions lie, at Melbourne. From environmental policy to science-based environmental management or environmental engineering, you'll learn from leading academics, and gain the knowledge and professional skills to make a real impact.
- Certificate Graduate Certificate in Environmental Design
- Coursework Master of Ecosystem Management and Conservation
- Coursework Master of Environment
- Coursework Master of Environmental Science
- Coursework Master of Geography
- Coursework Master of Geoscience
- Coursework Master of Science (Bioinformatics)
- Coursework Master of Science (Earth Sciences)
- Master of Science (Ecosystem Science)
- Coursework Master of Urban and Cultural Heritage
- Coursework Master of Urban Design
- Coursework Master of Urban Horticulture
- Coursework Master of Urban Planning
Can agriculture be climate neutral by 2030?
Climate-neutral agriculture is within reach, Professor Richard Eckard, who leads the Primary Industries Climate Challenges Centre where scientists work to understand how farmers can mitigate climate impacts, explains how in this bite-sized lecture.
Discover how our researchers are making a global environmental impact
For billions of people around the world, cereal-based foods including bread, rice and noodles provide a significant proportion of daily calories and energy. However, many of these foods are poor sources of essential micronutrients like iron and zinc.
Go behind-the-scenes with some of our top researchers and discover how they're making a global impact by redesigning wheat to create healthier versions of one of the world’s favourite foods – bread.
Join our sustainability programs
At Melbourne, we're proud to be a global leader in sustainability. You'll have the opportunity for students to act on sustainability issues, through our resources, volunteering and training, and staff-student collaboration. Think beekeeping for our beehives on campus. As a university, we have a special role to play in confronting the challenges of climate change and environmental stewardship. We are on track to reaching zero-net carbon emissions from electricity by 2021 and we were the first university to be certified with a six-star Green Star Communities rating.
- Graduate Student Association
- Internationalising your degree - Global Learning
- Digital futures for entrepreneurs
Moving to Melbourne?
- University Accommodation options for graduates
- Residential College experience for graduates
- Accommodation at Melbourne
- Moving to Melbourne from Overseas