Redefine your potential
Place yourself at the forefront of global health practice and research with our comprehensive qualifications, designed and delivered by leaders in health education. Whether you’re at the start of your health career, or have chosen to further specialise, you’ll benefit from hands-on experience and our strong connections with hospitals, research institutes and the public and private sectors.
Learn more about your graduate study options
Take a deeper look at some of our graduate study options and discover the degree that fits your personal and professional goals best. Learn more about the study program and access key application information including entry requirements.
- Coursework Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Coursework Doctor of Medicine
- Coursework Doctor of Optometry
- Research Doctor of Philosophy (Medicine, dentistry and health sciences)
- Coursework Doctor of Physiotherapy
- Coursework Master of Adolescent Health and Wellbeing
- Coursework Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Coursework Master of Applied Psychology
- Coursework Master of Biomedical Science
- Coursework Master of Biostatistics
- Coursework Master of Clinical Audiology
- Coursework Master of Epidemiology
- Coursework Master of Nursing Science
- Coursework Master of Psychology (Clinical Neuropsychology)
- Coursework Master of Psychology (Clinical Psychology)
- Coursework Master of Public Health
- Coursework Master of Social Work
- Coursework Master of Speech Pathology
Welcome to the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Hear from Professor Shitij Kapur, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
Where can health at Melbourne take you?
Get to know a little more about the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences from our rich history of world-leading research, which includes the development of the bionic ear, to a few fun facts with our current academics.
Discover student life at Melbourne
Meet our current students and learn more about their university experience including practical learning, our masters programs and PhD opportunities that allow you to pursue your passions with further research.
Meet Doctor of Medicine student, Krystal Green
“Everything's been really amazing. I couldn't imagine a better university experience. I can't really put into words how lucky I feel that I've been able to have all these opportunities. I'm keen to stay in the country to be a rural doctor. I think you can make much more of a difference, you can have much more of an impact on the community and you can be quite engaged with it at the same time.”
Meet PhD candidate within the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, Lauren
Lauren Story began her journey at Melbourne with the Bachelor of Biomedicine, followed by a Master of Clinical Audiology. She enjoyed the University environment so much, that she stayed with the Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology to pursue a PhD.
Meet Master of Clinical Psychology student, Rebekah Davenport
"My masters research focuses on the intersection between mental and physical health, and in particular I’m looking at two understudied diseases that disproportionately affect women; multiple sclerosis (MS) and endometriosis. I’m hoping to continue this research with a PhD, and to combine teaching, research and clinical work. I have also had the opportunity to work on a unique randomised control trial … delivering a tailored cognitive behavioural therapy program to people newly diagnosed with MS who have significant depression symptoms."
The students on the frontline of Melbourne's COVID crisis
Discover how health students are helping fight the pandemic, and gaining valuable experience at the same time
Doctor of Medicine
Doctor of Dental Surgery
Doctor of Physiotherapy and Optometry
- Studying Psychology @ Melbourne
- What is psychology? Overview
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology panel
Health sciences: master by coursework
- Master of Adolescent Health and Wellbeing overview
- Master of Advanced Nursing Practice overview
- Master of Biomedical Science overview
- Master of Biostatistics overview
- Master of Clinical Audiology overview
- Master of Epidemiology overview
- Master of Nursing Science overview
- Master of Public Health overview
- Master of Science (Bioinformatics) overview
- Master of Science (Epidemiology) overview
- Master of Social Work overview
- Master of Speech Pathology overview
Graduate research programs
- Graduate Student Association
- Internationalising your degree - Global Learning
- Digital futures for entrepreneurs
Moving to Melbourne?
- University Accommodation options for graduates
- Residential College experience for graduates
- Accommodation at Melbourne
- Moving to Melbourne from Overseas