Redefine your potential
Push your artistic boundaries and gain the tools you need to think, feel and create with your own unique voice under the guidance of internationally recognised artists, filmmakers, musicians and researchers. You'll join a vibrant learning environment that encourages bravery, critical confidence and creative risk taking.
- Honours Bachelor of Fine Arts (Degree with Honours)
- Honours Bachelor of Music (Degree with Honours)
- Research Doctor of Philosophy (Fine Arts and Music)
- Certificate Graduate Certificate in Visual Art
- Diploma Graduate Diploma in Music (Composition)
- Diploma Graduate Diploma in Music (Ethnomusicology)
- Diploma Graduate Diploma in Music (Musicology)
- Diploma Graduate Diploma in Music (Practical Music)
- Diploma Graduate Diploma in Music (Tailored Program)
- Coursework Master of Contemporary Art
- Coursework Master of Creative Arts Therapy
- Coursework Master of Design for Performance
- Coursework Master of Film and Television
- Coursework Master of Fine Arts
- Coursework Master of Music (Opera Performance)
- Coursework Master of Music (Performance Teaching)
Get to know our academics
At Melbourne, you'll learn from world-class academics fuelled by a passion for their craft.
Meet Jo Briscoe, Lecturer and Course Coordinator in Design and Production
"I’m a designer for narrative forms, which means I’m primarily a visual storyteller. I bring the world of a story to life, build backstories for the characters, and ensure the audience has a rich understanding of the action. I am passionate about telling stories that have impact and represent the true range of the human condition. I especially love stories that make us laugh and then sneak up with a big emotional punch. I also love narrative design because it’s so collaborative, and working with a team to realise something greater than the sum of its parts is incredibly challenging and satisfying. No day is ever the same."
Dr Kim Dunphy, Dance Movement Therapist talks about art, culture and community building with therapy
Digital archives of sung poems seem a long way away from dance movement therapy, but for Dr Kim Dunphy it’s all part of a broader engagement with art, culture and community-building.
“One of the great privileges of being an academic is that you have the freedom to explore your research interests as long as you’re doing it with integrity, producing research and getting grants.”
Discover student life at Melbourne
Meet our students, learn more about their university experience and see them in action at Melbourne.
Meet Master of Music (Opera Performance) student, Samantha Hargreaves
"I began the Masters of Music (Opera Performance) fresh from my undergraduate degree of music which I also carried out at Melbourne. Initially, I had known next to nothing about opera and classical singing but I was very eager to learn. High drama, coloratura, voices that could sing above orchestras – it was all fascinating to me."
Can music revolutionise dementia care?
A University of Melbourne global study is using music to support people with dementia and associated depression. Our Creative Arts and Music Therapy Research Unit is leading the Australian arm of the study into music therapy, and how it can improve the lives of millions living with dementia.
Graduate Diploma in Music
Master of Music
- Graduate Certificate in Visual Art overview
- Master of Contemporary Art overview
- Master of Creative Arts Therapy overview
- Master of Production for Stage or Screen overview
- Master of Film and Television overview
- Master of Producing overview
- Master of Screenwriting overview
- Theatre Directing/Dramaturgy/Writing and Research overview
- Master of Theatre (Directing) overview
- Master of Theatre (Dramaturgy) overview
- Master of Theatre (Writing) overview
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) overview
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) - Visual Art overview
- MFA and PhD (Visual Art) overview
- Master of Fine Arts Research and PhD in Theatre overview
- Graduate Student Association
- Internationalising your degree - Global Learning
- Digital futures for entrepreneurs
Moving to Melbourne?
- University Accommodation options for graduates
- Residential College experience for graduates
- Accommodation at Melbourne
- Moving to Melbourne from Overseas