Bachelor of Fine Arts (Design and Production)
- Melbourne: Interviews 26-28 November 2019, Call-back workshops 29 November 2019
- Sydney: 31 October, Call-back 28/29 November (in Melbourne or virtual)
- Brisbane: 30 October, Call-back 28/29 November (in Melbourne or virtual)
- Adelaide: 1 November, Call-back 28/29 November (in Melbourne or virtual)
Interview and selection project requirements
In preparation for your interview, applicants are required to prepare and present a Selection Project by responding to a piece of text.
You will be interviewed by a selection panel of at least two staff members, specific to your chosen specialisation. The interview will involve:
- discussion of your selection project (bring and present your annotated script, and the two items you have made in response to the key dramatic moment
- talk generally about why you are applying for the course.
You are invited to bring examples of previous work that may support your application, for example, art or design folio, paperwork created for productions, lighting plans, photographs of previous shows, etc.
At the completion of the interview, you will be advised if you are invited to progress to the call-back workshop stage of the selection process.
Short-listed applicants will be invited to attend a call-back workshop after the interview. Here, you will take part in a workshop involving a discussion about a script, group interaction and a written response to a series of questions.
Can't attend the interview?
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the interview in person. However, applicants who are overseas or interstate may request an online web conferencing interview. Applicants can request a web conferencing interview on the Supplementary Application Form on SlideRoom.
Please follow the same guidelines as above to prepare for your web conferencing interview. Items required for interview can be submitted electronically via Slideroom - you will be sent instructions via email.
Applicants short-listed for a call-back workshop may join us in person in Melbourne or complete a virtual call-back online.
If you would like to transfer to another Faculty of Fine Arts and Music course, you need to re-apply and ensure you meet that course’s entry requirements in order to be selected.
You can find these requirements on every course page.