Master of Film and Television
Start-year 2020 intake - early assessment round for international student applications only
Interviews are now closed.
Start-year 2020 intake - main assessment round for domestic and international students
- Narrative Film interviews will be held in Melbourne from Monday 25 November to Thursday 28 November 2019
- Documentary Film interviews will be held in Melbourne from Monday 25 November to Tuesday 26 November 2019
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to a live or recorded interview, depending on the intake.
- Interviews will run for approximately 30 minutes and held in Melbourne.
- Shortlisted applicants should present up to 7 minutes of their filmmaking work at the interview.
- Due to time restrictions the panel will not read scripts or writing samples during or after the interview. However, you are welcome to bring other additional relevant creative work and visual material to present to the panel, time permitting.
Can't attend the interview?
While we strongly recommend all shortlisted main intake applicants to attend the interview in person, applicants from overseas or interstate may alternatively submit a recorded interview, please indicate your availability in your SlideRoom application. Applicants will be emailed instructions on how to prepare the recorded interview after application closing date.
Conditions of enrolment
Successful applicants must meet the following conditions before commencing the course:
First Aid certification
Obtain a “Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)” certificate that will remain valid for the duration of your course.
Pay a one-off $1,000 bond prior to enrolment, refundable upon completion or withdrawal of the course. The bond encourages you to treat our equipment with care.
Terms and conditions
As part of your Selection Test or Supplementary Application Form submission (whichever is applicable) you will be required to read and accept the Terms and Conditions on which the offer of a place is made.
If you would like to transfer to another Faculty of Fine Arts and Music course, you need to re-apply and ensure you meet that course’s entry requirements in order to be selected.
You can find these requirements on every course page.