Under 18 international students

If you're Under 18 and planning to study at Melbourne, you must have appropriate accommodation, support and welfare arrangements in place to be issued with a student visa by the Department of Home Affairs.

To satisfy these conditions, you need to choose an approved Under 18 accommodation option.

Depending on which option you choose, you'll need to have your accommodation and welfare arrangements approved by either the Department of Home Affairs or the University of Melbourne. This includes if you're already on a packaged offer with Trinity College Foundation Studies, Hawthorn Melbourne or other Australian education provider.

Some students may also be required to register with the Under 18 International Student Supervision Program. The Program ensures your accommodation and welfare is appropriate, and provides support and encouragement until you turn 18.

You don’t need to apply for accommodation, or to have your accommodation arrangements approved, until you’ve received an offer of study. However, it’s worth reading through this information so you’re aware of your options.