Register for Open Day
Register now to find out what’s happening on Open Day and to go into the draw to win a pair of Apple AirPods, a Rains MSN backpack and a $150 Co-op gift voucher. T&Cs apply.
Already registered for Open Day 2018? Log in here
The University of Melbourne is requesting this information from you for further communication about a course, program or event in which you have expressed interest. Your information is also collected for analysis, quality assurance and planning purposes, as well as to comply with legislative reporting requirements. If you have specifically consented to participating in market research or receiving promotional material from the University, we may contact you for these purposes. The University may engage third parties to conduct market research, however your details will not be disclosed to these parties without your consent. Providing the requested information to us is not required by law. If you do not provide it, we may be unable to give you information about the course, program or event relevant to you. You can also request information in person at Stop1 or by phoning 13 MELB (13 6352).We will not disclose your personal information to anybody else unless you have given consent or we are authorised or required to do so by law. You may request access to, or correction of, information we hold about you at any time. Please refer to our Privacy webpage for information on how to contact us about privacy.
Terms and Conditions
- Competition: 2018 Open Day Registration (form 1)
- University: The University of Melbourne [ABN 84 002 705 224], of Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
- Competition Website (clause 1): openday.unimelb.edu.au
- Time Zone (clause 3): Victoria, Australia
- Competition period (clause 4):
- Competition Period commences: 12.01am on Monday 16 July 2018
- Competition Period ends: 9.59am on Sunday 19 August 2018
- Eligibility: entry is only open to individuals who, during the Competition Period, are aged 16 years and over and are residents of Victoria, Australia.
- Ineligibility: University of Melbourne employees are not eligible to enter this Competition.
- Rains MSN backpack – RRP AUD$129.95;
- Apple AirPods – RRP AUD$229; and
- Co-op Gift Voucher to the value of AUD$150. The total value of the Prize is AUD$508.95 and inclusive of all taxes.
- provide their Victorian postal address to receive the Prize; or
- collect the Prize in person by presenting proof of identity at an agreed time and location.
- By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Terms of the Competition. The Terms governing the Competition include these General Terms, the Schedule to these Terms and any instructions relating to the Competition on the Competition Website. Only entries that comply with the Terms will be considered valid entries to this Competition.
- Any capitalised terms used in these General Terms have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency between the Schedule to the Terms (Schedule) and these General Terms, the Schedule will take precedence.
- Time Zone. All times and dates in the Terms refer to the Time Zone in operation at the time of the Competition.
- Competition Period. The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. The University is not responsible for any entry that is not received by the University during the Competition Period, for whatever reason. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will not be accepted.
- Entry Restrictions. Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions. If entrants under the age of 18 are eligible to enter this Competition, they must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition.
- Entry Method. To enter the Competition, entrants must enter the Competition in accordance with the Entry Method (and any other entry details provided by the University on the Competition Website) during the Competition Period. If entrants are required to enter the Competition via a social media platform, each entrant must have an applicable social media account set to public during the Competition Period and must comply with the relevant social media terms and conditions.
- Maximum Number of Entries. Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be submitted separately and entry must individually meet the requirements in the Schedule and are subject to the Entry Restrictions.
- Each entrant is responsible for their own travel and other costs associated with entering the Competition.
- Use of Personal Information. By entering this Competition each entrant agrees that:
- the University may use their name and contact details for the purpose of conducting the Competition, including complying with its relevant regulatory obligations;
- the University may publish the Winner’s name in compliance with its regulatory obligations in conducting this Competition;
- at the University’s request, the Winner will take part in the University promotional activities which may include their name and image published in the University’s promotional materials (such as the University’s website, marketing materials, advertising, printed materials and social media channels) and for ongoing promotional activities not related to this Competition; and
- Content. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any Content. The University is not liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law and may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the University may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children under 14, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- the Content is the original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party or otherwise they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the University for any breach of the above terms.
- Use of Competition Entry. As a condition of entering this Competition, each entrant licenses and grants the University and its affiliates a non-exclusive, fee-free, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use their entry (including Content) for:
- the purposes of conducting and promoting the Competition; and
- the additional purposes identified in Use of Competition Entry (item 13 of the Schedule).
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the University, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant; or
- to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as the University deems appropriate.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including any statutory consumer guarantees provided under the consumer protection laws of Australia, the University (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Judging Details and Winner. The Winner will be determined from the valid Competition entries received by the University in accordance with the Judging Details.
- Prize. The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier, are in Australian dollars, are correct as at the time of the commencement of the Competition Period and are inclusive of all taxes. The Winner must claim the Prize in accordance with Claim Prize. Please allow at least 28 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the Prize. Transport to claim the prize is not part of the prize and is the sole responsibility of the Winner. The Prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for other goods, services, cash or credit. If, for some reason the Prize is unavailable, the University reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
- Winner Notification. The Winner will be notified in accordance with Winner Notification. The Winner will also be announced on the University’s website in accordance with clause 9 above.
- Claim Prize. If the Winner does not comply with these Terms and/or does not claim the Prize in accordance with Claim Prize, the University reserves the right to select a replacement winner from the remaining valid entries in accordance with clause 14 above.
- Replacement Winner. If a winner re-selection is required, the selection of the replacement winner will be conducted by the University in accordance with Replacement Winner. The Replacement Winner will be notified in accordance with Replacement Winner Notification. The Replacement Winner will also be announced on The University of Melbourne website in accordance with clause 9 above. The Replacement Winner must claim the Prize in accordance with Replacement Winner Claim Prize.
- The result of the Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
We're having trouble processing this request. Please reload the page and try again.