Architecture, building, planning and design
1. Visit the Melbourne School of Design, Glyn Davis Building to chat with academics, course advisors and current students
2. Explore the Maker Spaces and watch robotic, augmented and virtual reality demonstrations
3.Immerse yourself in our public exhibition 'Sharing Schools, Building Communities' showcased in the Dulux gallery
4. Take a tour around the ABP Library and discover the many collections on display
5. Get inspired by our student work displayed in the Atrium and speak to our enthusiastic students about your career in design.
Arts, humanities and social sciences
1. Come to a Bachelor of Arts Information Session or one of our many individual Major Information Sessions, to explore the variety and flexibility a Bachelor of Arts has to offer
2. Find out more about studying a language in the Bachelor of Arts or adding a Diploma of Languages to your degree, in one of our Languages Information Sessions or by visiting our Course Information Expo
3. Check out our Arts West building and visit facilities like the Digital Studio and Object-Based Learning Lab to see how they can enhance your learning experience
4. Learn about the Arts student experience first-hand with the Melbourne Arts Student’s Society
5. Visit the Arts West Gallery to explore the Didar: Stories of Middle Eastern Manuscripts exhibition and join a workshop on traditional ink-making.
Business and economics
1. Talk to academic experts and current students about the six Bachelor of Commerce majors at the BCom Majors Expo
2. Explore the Bachelor of Commerce - Information Session to discover how you can equip yourself with the skills and knowledge to understand and solve key future business challenges
3. Experience the Bachelor of Commerce – Current Student Panel to hear about their experiences and why they chose to make the Bachelor of Commerce part of their individual journeys
4. Experience Sustainable Commerce - First Year Sample Lecture to learn how business and economics disciplines can be part of the solution to a societal challenge like sustainability
5. Talk to us about the suite of graduate programs offered by Melbourne Business School allowing you to upskill or take your career in a new direction.
1. Visit the Kwong Lee Dow centre to explore our world-class facilities and gain a glimpse towards the future of learning and experiential spaces
2. Attend the How to Become a Teacher information session to explore your pathway from learning in the classroom to leading the way for the next generation
3. Come along to our Student Panel to hear about the opportunites that await you in the classroom; Come prepared with questions and curiosities to learn the most from our enthusiastic students
4. Find out about your options to study a breadth in education subject or specialisation within your undergraduate studies to enhance your skill set and explore the future of education
5. Have a chat with our academic experts, current students and education enthusiasts about how you can best undertake your undergraduate studies to prepare you for your future studies in Teaching.
Engineering and information technology
1. Explore our engineering labs and workshops to find out where you’ll learn the foundations of engineering testing, modelling and calculations
2. Try out the CAREN, a virtual reality machine that helps treat and prevent injuries. See how engineering helps us understand the fundamentals of biomechanics, human movement and performance
3. Visit the Telstra Creator Space – a fabrication lab with industry-grade equipment and tools. You’ll have access to 3D printing, CNC machines and more so you can build and test a prototype of your own
4. Spin a crank to generate your own electricity and find out how you can split water into hydrogen with electrolysis
5. Meet your future lecturers and tutors to explore your subject options, potential careers and figure out where to start your degree in engineering.
1. Make your way to the Melbourne Dental Clinic and experience what it is like to be a dentist using our Moog Simodont Dental Trainer simulations
2. Thinking about a career in medicine or professional health? Head to the Graduate Pathways in Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences exhibition hall and discover your study options at Melbourne
3. Discover how strong you are! Come try out our grip-strength test to get an indication of your overall strength
4. Explore one of the oldest and finest collections of medical education history in Australia and the current exhibition: The Women’s: Careers, advocates and reformers
5. Experience what it is like working on a clinical ward in our nursing simulation laboratories.
1. Attend a Melbourne JD (Juris Doctor) information session, find out how to study law at Melbourne and sit in on a sample JD lecture
2. Experience a witness examination at the Moot Court
3. Come to a student experience panel and hear about the Melbourne Law School experience from our current students
4. Attend the Careers in Law session and discover the unique range of services and opportunities provided to Melbourne Law School students and the support offered to guide them to diverse and fulfilling careers
5. Visit the Talk to us about Law expo to speak with world-leading researchers, academics and current students and learn how you can pathway from your undergraduate degree to a career in law.
Music, performing and visual arts
1. Be inspired by an exhibition, open class, rehearsal, demonstration, screening or music performance
2. Attend an information session on the many different majors and instruments that you can specialise in within the Bachelor of Music
3. Attend an information session on the suite of specialisations in the Bachelor of Fine Arts
4. Indigenous students can learn more about the services and support the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development offers students by dropping in for a chat, or attending an information session. All Bachelor of Fine Arts students are also encouraged to come by to discover our new core subject, Stories of Place, an indigenous led first year subject for all students
5. Drop in to see the Piano Bar and Open Mic session in the buzzing Lionel's Lounge. Often home to student-led get-togethers, Lionel’s is an institution for students across the performing arts disciplines.
1. Visit Wilson Hall to explore majors, subjects, field trips and internships available in Science
2. Attend an information session and find out from our staff and students what studying Science is all about
3. Meet our scientists on tours of the chemistry and physics labs, or stop by the Mathematician’s Habitat
4. Watch the fire table demonstration to learn how bushfires are started, stopped and spread
5. Explore our Earth through interactive VR experiences of landscapes and weather
Veterinary, agricultural and food sciences
1. Attend a course information session and chat with our knowledgeable staff and current students at our Information booths
2. Tour our new world-class biosciences building
3. Attend our interactive sessions with academics and students to learn about Agriculture’s focus on science and sustainability
4. Watch our detection and training dogs in action and learn how to perform canine CPR and intubate a dog
5. Attend an information session on Diploma in General Studies and Diploma in General Studies (Extended) to learn about pathways to The University of Melbourne programs
1. Visit the Student Experience Hub: Get a taste of student life, find out about clubs, societies, MU Sport, Admissions, Scholarships and the Special Entry Access Scheme
2. Discover some of the incredible Museums and Galleries on campus. Explore the fusion of art and science at Science Gallery Melbourne, learn about Indigenous knowledge through art at Old Quad, or tour the work of contemporary Australian artists on show at Buxton Contemporary
3. Your new home at Melbourne: Take a tour to explore our many Melbourne Accommodation apartments, our historic Residential Colleges and speak to students about their living at Melbourne experience
4. Find your study nook: Discover our libraries and collections from our main Baillieu Library in Parkville and Southbank Libraries to our many discipline libraries open throughout the Parkville campus
5. Food and entertainment: Follow your nose and ears to food trucks, dining and music across our Parkville and Southbank campuses...and don't miss a selfie with Barry the Bear!
Still have questions?
Find out more about Open Day with our frequently asked questions.