Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship
Graduate Degree Packages
This year, the University of Melbourne is pleased to offer high achieving students a new approach to study.
Our new Graduate Degree Packages bundle an undergraduate degree offer with an offer for a place in one of our specialised, professional entry graduate school programs. You can enrol into your desired undergraduate and graduate study pathway immediately after school - with the flexibility of withdrawing at any point if you want to.
For example, if you leave school with an ATAR of 96.00 and above, you’ll be able to enrol in a Bachelor of Science/Master of Engineering pathway. Your Commonwealth Supported Place, or full fee paying place if you're an international student, in the Master of Engineering is therefore secured.
If you discover that you’d prefer to join the workforce directly after you complete your Science degree, you can do so - or you can apply for another of our 400+ graduate courses.
The benefits of Graduate Degree Packages include:
- Enrol directly through VTAC, into both the undergraduate and graduate degrees of your choice. You’ll start your undergraduate degree with the security of knowing a graduate place is waiting for you.
- If you're a domestic student, you'll have the security of a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) in your desired professional entry graduate degree.
- You can withdraw from your Graduate Degree Package at any point, concluding your studies with a bachelors qualification, or pursue another career by applying for a different graduate degree.
These packages will be available to both domestic and international students who complete an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate (IB) in Australia, as well as Australian citizens who complete an Australian Year 12 or the IB outside Australia.
You will need to:
- Apply for entry through VTAC, for 2019 or later
- Apply for a University of Melbourne Graduate Degree Package for commencement in the year following completion of Year 12 or IB via VTAC
- Enrol immediately or be granted deferral in the year following Year 12
- Commence graduate study within 18 months of completing your undergraduate degree (subject to exceptions for cases that require special treatment, e.g. protracted illness).
If you're currently enrolled at the University of Melbourne you're not eligible for the new Graduate Degree Packages.
Instead you're eligible for our existing guaranteed graduate pathways for graduate students.