View the accommodation options available through our Melbourne Accommodation Program.
Fees and key dates
If you are applying through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC), or if you're an Exchange or Study Abroad student:
- Accommodation applications for Semester 1, 2019 will be accepted between 19 August 2018 and 20 January 2019.
- Applications for Semester 2, 2019 will be accepted between 1 March 2019 and 1 June 2019.
- Places will be offered after VTAC round one offer day in late January, as students accept their course offer.
If you are applying to study directly to the University:
- Accommodation applications for Semester 1, 2019, will be accepted between Monday 23 July 2018 and Friday 30 November 2018.
- Applications for Semester 2, 2019 will be accepted between Friday 1 March 2019 and Saturday 1 June 2019.
- Accommodation places will be offered to applicants on a rolling basis as students accept their course offer.
If you want to live at a residential college, you need to apply separately through the college application process. This is not part of the Melbourne Accommodation Program; however, you can apply for both at the same time and decide later, based on what you're offered.
Fees and inclusions
To apply for the Melbourne Accommodation Program, an application fee of $85 will apply.
To accept your offer of accommodation, you will need to pay an acceptance fee of $60.
Accommodation fees and charges
Rent and bond are payable to your accommodation provider.
The provider will advise you of the amount(s) payable on acceptance of the accommodation agreement and the regular amounts payable during your stay. These payments are made directly to the provider. The provider will advise you on the method of payment.
What’s included in the cost?
- all utilities (water, electricity, gas, etc).
- Residential Life program.
- Student Engagement and Activities Program.
- a variety of facilities as offered by providers, which may include pools, gyms, music rehearsal rooms, additional study rooms, a theatre or TV room, bike storage and more.
Melbourne Accommodation Bursary
Students eligible for the Melbourne Accommodation Bursary will receive additional payments if they reside in accommodation provided through the Melbourne Accommodation Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further information about the Melbourne Accommodation Program