Moving in

Ready to move into your new accommodation?

Read our helpful advice on what you can do to ensure the accomodation you've moved into meets your expectations and reflects the rental agreement you've signed. Also refer to our up-to-date information on renting in Victoria from Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) and Tenants Victoria (TUV).

Starting a Tenancy

Starting a tenancy is a big step and you want to be sure you're entering into it with full awareness of what your rights are.

Useful resources on starting a tenancy

Bond Lodged with the RTBA

The Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) holds all Victorian residential tenancy bonds, including those for rented premises, long-term caravans, rooming houses (buildings where one or more rooms are available to rent, and four or more people in total can occupy those rooms).

Useful resources on rental bonds

Condition Reports

The condition report notes the general condition of the property or room including fittings and fixtures. The condition report is important because it can be used as evidence if there is a dispute about who should pay for cleaning or damage, particularly at the end of a tenancy.

Useful resources on condition reports