How to apply
Applications for 2020 are not currently open.
To apply for University Accommodation you need to:
- complete the accommodation application through the online portal;
- at the point of application, pay a non-refundable, one-off application fee of $100
- apply to study or currently be studying, a full-time equivalent* degree with the University of Melbourne; and
- accept your accommodation offer within 48 hours of receiving it.
Through our online portal, you can also apply for university colleges Medley Hall and International House. If you choose one of these as a preference, you will be asked a series of additional questions. If you want to apply for the eight affiliated colleges, you will need to do so through a separate application process.
Contract dates vary from property to property, so please check your Letter of Offer before signing.
* Full-time equivalent is considered 75% of a full-time load or above.
When you apply
When applying for an accommodation place, you can select 3 to 5 accommodation preferences.
The University takes into consideration your accommodation preferences, however your preferred choice is not guaranteed.