How to apply
Half year and full year applications are now open.
To apply for University Accommodation you need to:
- complete the accommodation application through the online portal;
- pay the once-off application fee of $100;
- be a current or future, full-time equivalent*, University of Melbourne student; and
- accept your accommodation offer within 48 hours of receiving it.
Through our online portal, you can also apply for university colleges Medley Hall and International House. If you choose one of these as a preference, you will be asked a series of additional questions. If you want to apply for the eight affiliated colleges, you will need to do so through a separate application process.
Contract dates vary from property to property, so please check your Letter of Offer before signing.
* Full-time equivalent is considered 75% of a full-time load or above.
When you apply
When applying for an accommodation place, you can select 3 to 5 accommodation preferences.
The University takes your accommodation preferences into consideration, however your preferred choice is not guaranteed.