The community atmosphere of clubs at the University of Melbourne is unmatched and underpins all aspects of university life. Finding an anchor in a key group of like-minded friends is the ultimate way to enhance your overall university experience – and getting involved with different clubs is the best way to do so!Lauren GirardiBachelor of Arts student
bike parking spaces
museums and galleries
of students regularly play sport on campus
clubs and societies
coffee shops on campus
for student satisfaction in teaching among Group of Eight universities
Our Student Life Commitment
Students are at the heart of the University of Melbourne community which is focused on creating a vibrant, diverse and welcoming environment that provides excellent teaching and learning opportunities and rich University experience, that leads to intellectual development and personal growth.
Through the new Student Life program, you will be:
- Guided through your transition to University with Faculty specific inductions, the Melbourne Commencement Ceremonies, Melbourne Peer Mentor Program and First Year Discovery Subjects
- Mentored throughout your degree by our network of advisers and mentors who can provide personalised advice, including:
- Regular meetings with your peer mentor and a small group of peers from your discipline
- An academic adviser, a member of staff such as a lecturer or a professor, who will take an active interest in your progress, success and challenges throughout your degree
- Access to alumni and industry mentors to explore career and graduate study options
- Recognised for responding to the needs of the local and global community through volunteering, service and social entrepreneurship as part of the Melbourne Plus program
- Able to enhance your studies with a Capstone Experience which brings together the skills and knowledge you have developed during your degree.
Melbourne Peer Mentor Program
Academic Advice Mentoring
Wellbeing @ Melbourne
Caring for yourself is an important part of your study journey. Initiatives such as the Melbourne Peer Mentoring program, Academic Advising, Counselling and Psychological Services and the Health Promotion Program are designed to support you from day one.
Academic skills support
Our campus community
Student Equity and Disability Support
Welcome to MU Sport
We're committed to providing a dynamic student experience with a vast range of competitive, recreational and instructional clubs, sports programs and extensive fitness services. Join an inclusive and welcoming environment with programs designed to support all members of the University community, from our Elite Athlete Program, through to our diversity and inclusion programs and various inter-varsity competitions.
Study overseas for part of your degree
There are countless ways to get involved and create your own uni experience, like studying overseas for part of your degree. Not only is it an unforgettable experience, but you'll also come away with benefits like understanding new cultures, developing valuable skills, and preparing for a global future. We have a range of programs available to give you the international experience you're looking for.