Graduate Certificate in Sexual Health
- 1 year part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic students.
- Start Year Intake - March and Mid Year Intake - July
The Graduate Certificate is suitable for any graduate with an interest in health especially those working clinically or those in the education or public health sectors. It is broad based and covers some of the epidemiology, the social determinants of sexual health as well as health promotion and prevention aspects.
The subjects draw on national and international developments in the prevention, management and public health control of sexually transmissible infections and HIV.
Graduates from this course will get employability in careers related to sexual health in the fields of clinical care, research, the pharmaceutical industry or hospitals.
Graduates will be able to:
- Understand the epidemiology, diagnosis and management of sexually transmissible infections and sexual and reproductive health issues relevant to Australia
- Understand the public health control of sexually transmissible infection
- Apply conceptual and practical learnings to your own professional practice
Sexual health is an integral part of overall health and we focus upon the effect of sexual health on the well-being of an individual and recognise and understand the impact sexual health has on the public health of the community.
Graduates wishing to pursue a program in Sexual Health can select from the following options:
Our subjects taught are available in face-to-face and distance mode and draw on national and international developments in the diagnosis and public health control of sexually transmissible infections.
Graduates from this course will find it easier to enter careers related to sexual health in the fields of clinical care, research, the pharmaceutical industry, or hospitals.