Graduate Diploma in Biostatistics
- CRICOS Code: 088479M
The Graduate Diploma in Biostatistics at The University of Melbourne provides an understanding of the concepts and analytic skills required to tackle today’s ever-increasing quantity of quantitative data in the health sciences, so that we can generate and apply new solutions to real-world problems.
The course encompasses the design of experiments and the collection, summary and analysis of data, including, importantly, the interpretation and communication of data analysis to health professionals using real-world datasets.
Your professional background could be in health sciences or mathematics – this degree suits both, but you must have an aptitude for mathematics. You can benefit from interaction with local biostatistics experts and also have access to academic biostatisticians located throughout Australia via our affiliation with the Biostatistics Collaboration of Australia. The course is also accredited by the Statistical Society of Australia Inc. (SSAI).
On completion of the Graduate Diploma, graduates will have attained the required skills for employment as a biostatistician. This course allows graduates to:
- Fast-track their qualification: study full-time and complete in one year
- Learn from leading biostatisticians at the University of Melbourne and Australia-wide
- Benefit from a hybrid approach to teaching: subjects offered both face-to-face and online
- Attain skills for employment as a professional biostatistician in medical and public health research centres, universities, hospitals, government departments and the pharmaceutical industry
- The course is accredited by the Statistical Society of Australia Inc. and is an affiliated program of the Biostatistics Collaboration of Australia
Our one year full-time (2 years part-time) course offers both on campus and online subjects, On completion of the Graduate Diploma in Biostatistics you will have attained a similar range of skills required for employment as a biostatistician as those completing the Master of Biostatistics.
Career Conversations: Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Date: Wednesday 26 May
Time: 5:30PM - 6:30PM AEST
Join our panel of academic leaders as they discuss developments in epidemiology and biostatistics in light of the Covid-19 pandemic, industry trends and areas of growth to help you make an informed decision about further study. Our panel will also take questions from the audience.