Graduate Diploma in Food Science
- CRICOS code: 041484B
Get ready for a unique and exciting career designing new and better ways to feed the world with the Master of Food Science from Australia’s number 1 university1.
The Graduate Diploma in Food Science combines a strong core in food chemistry, processing, sensory science, food safety and microbiology with career-focused electives.
Prepare yourself for a career in food
The Graduate Diploma in Food Science provides a stepping-stone to an exciting range of careers.
As a food scientist, your work could involve:
- Finding the best balance of ingredients to improve flavour in food formulation
- Discovering healthy new foods through research
- Investigating the effects of bioactive food components like prebiotics and antioxidants on health
- Helping to ensure foods are safely processed and produced
- Maintaining quality in food manufacturing
- Making foods stay safe and stable for longer.
Boost your career with industry-relevant electives
Modern scientific workplaces require workers with a range of skills and capabilities beyond the lab. You can broaden your knowledge and career possibilities by selecting electives that will prepare you for the workplace.
Learn essential skills in:
- Financial and project management
- Food policy and politics
Get a taste of food science and watch Associate Professor in Food Chemistry Dr Kate Howell discuss the science behind sourdough.
1Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021