Graduate Diploma in Global Competition and Consumer Law
- 1 year part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Term 1 Intake - February and Term 3 Intake - July
The Global Competition and Consumer Law program is one of only a handful of comprehensive programs in competition and consumer law in the world, and ensures you will be at the forefront of the unique challenges and opportunities of this global field, with regimes now in more than 130 countries.
One of the most distinctive aspects of this program is the calibre of its instructors. Directed by Professor Caron Beaton-Wells of the Melbourne Law School, *ranked 7th in the world, and the No. 1 law school in the Asia-Pacific, the program is delivered by world-leading experts in the field. You will learn from the likes of the former Chairman of the US Federal Trade Commission, former head of the UNCTAD Competition and Consumer Policies Branch and current Chairman of the OECD Competition Committee, amongst many others who have held or hold leadership roles in private practice, competition and consumer authorities, intergovernmental organisations, and adjudicatory bodies, in the competition and consumer law field
This course is also a pathway into further study with the Melbourne Law School. After completing the qualification, you can choose to transfer directly into:
- LLM (Global Competition and Consumer Law) (if you already have a degree in the field of law), or the
- Master of Global Competition and Consumer Law (if you don’t already have a degree in the field of law).
* Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings by Subject (2017).
We’ve designed this course for students seeking a specialist postgraduate qualification in the global competition and consumer law field.
The graduate diploma will challenge and stimulate you with its rigorous approach to learning. You will develop specialist expertise and practical skills in a legal-economic area of great economic and societal significance. This course is international and will allow you to graduate with a valuable worldwide network of accomplished professionals.