Graduate Diploma in Music (Musicology)
- CRICOS Code: 056297D
How to apply
2020 Semester 1 intake - main assessment round (for domestic and international applicants)
Applications open: 30 June 2019
Applications close: 11:59pm, 31 October 2019 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time UTC+10)
How do I apply?
There are two components to each application. Applications must be submitted by the application closing date:
- A direct application via the University's application portal
- A Supplementary Information Form via SlideRoom, including the provision of two referees and academic writing sample.
In addition to your University application fee, applicants will be charged a non-refundable processing fee payable via SlideRoom.
Academic Writing Sample
Musicology and Ethnomusicology applicants are required to submit an academic writing sample of no more than 3000 words, written within the last five years. They are not normally required to attend an interview.* The writing sample should:
- Demonstrate the applicant’s ability to communicate in scholarly prose.
- Demonstrate awareness of recent literature in the field of the essay's topic.
- Include a bibliography, discography, and/or list of ethnographic interviews as appropriate.
- References should follow a recognizable Style Manual such as the Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (either the note/footnote system or author/date).
- Writing samples may be a research paper, ethnographic report or proposal, literature review, or other genre of academic writing. * Students applying from outside the field of Musicology or Ethnomusicology , for example, Art History, Cultural Studies or Anthropology will be required to do an interview. Refer to the Interviews & Auditions tab.
You’ve chosen your degree and worked out when you want to start studying. Now all you need to do is apply.
It’s important to get your application right. Use our simple checklist and you’ll be on your way in no time:
Before you apply
- Check the degree website.
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible.
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements.
- Complete a direct application via the University's portal (use code GD-MUS).
- Complete your Supplementary Information Form on SlideRoom and ask two referees to complete a referee report by the application closing date.
- Submit a research proposal and a sample of your academic writing via SlideRoom.