Graduate Diploma in Music (Tailored Program)
- CRICOS code: 056297D
2023 Start Year Intake
Applications open 1 August 2022
Applications close 31 October 2022
How to apply?
There are two components to each application. Applicants must complete components 1 and 2 by the application closing date.
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding. They can assist you with your application and provide you with additional information about your study options.
Submit a direct application via the University's application portal
Upload a personal statement and the provision of two referees via the supplementary application form
The personal statement should be no less than 250 words addressing the following points (Do not copy these questions into your statement):
- Why do you want to do a Graduate Diploma in Music?
- What made you choose the Tailored stream?
- Tell us about the field/s within music that interest you (for example, music theory and analysis, performance practice, musicology, or education).
- Tell us about things outside music that interest you or that you have previous background in (for example, languages, politics, psychology, etc.).
- What do you think are your main strengths? And your weaknesses?
- Are there any areas or topics that you would like to explore more?
GRADUATE ACCESS MELBOURNE
Graduate Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and access scheme for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your WAM (weighted average mark) is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, however you still need to meet course prerequisites. You may be also eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background
- From a rural or isolated area
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Wondering if you are eligible for any of these categories? Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible via the Graduate Access Melbourne page, as well as instructions on how to apply.
Before you apply
- Check the degree website
- Check the entry requirements and make sure you're eligible
- Ensure you meet the University’s English language requirements
- If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, you may like to contact our Faculty’s Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development before proceeding
- Submit a direct application via the University's portal (use code GD-MUS)
- Complete your supplementary application