Master of Economics
- CRICOS Code: 065396D
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - February
What is it about?
Melbourne Business School's Master of Economics offers advanced studies in economics and econometrics. You will gain the skills necessary to practice as a professional economist in the public or private sectors.
Graduates of the Master of Economics will have detailed knowledge of the most recent research in the disciplines of economics and econometrics and will have developed the skills needed to make their own contributions to that research. Graduates will leave as critical thinkers in microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics. They will develop expertise in:
- Fundamental principals influencing markets and managing organisations
- Evaluating the impact of a variety of cultural and environmental factors on economic policy and business decisions
- Interpreting and critically evaluating articles in economics research literature
Who is it for?
The Master of Economics is designed for students with prior training in economics or a similar discipline with a strong analytical/mathematical component, who wish to acquire the advanced skills needed to practice as a professional economist in the public or private sectors. The program is also an appropriate foundation for further PhD study.