Master of Management (Accounting)
- CRICOS Code: 064499E
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- On Campus (Parkville)
- Available to domestic and international students.
- Start Year Intake - March and Mid Year Intake - July
Why study accounting at Melbourne Business School?
- Master the technology you’ll be using in the workplace: learn through simulations and data analysis with the most recent applied software such as SAP that is used by leading firms globally
- Master data analytics learn the most recent data analytic techniques to identify key drivers of business performance
- Engage with industry in class: our subjects like Assurance Practices include regular guest lectures by industry experts including the Big 4
- Test your skills in industry: our Practicum subjects offer you the opportunity to test your skills on real-world consulting projects in Australia and destinations like Paris, London and Shanghai
- Leading reputation: be taught by renowned academics with strong connections to industry and professional bodies. Melbourne is ranked #16 globally for Accounting (QS world rankings).
- Find your network: The Faculty has over 60,000 alumni in over 100 countries ensuring that you join a valuable network of peers from all business disciplines right from day one
What is it about?
Accounting and performance information is a key driver of business decision making. Accounting professionals today need to be leaders in technology, data analysis and accounting systems to develop and communicate fundamental insights that add value to firms and organizations. The skills that you will learn in the Master of Management (Accounting) include applied software skills and the latest data analysis techniques to enable identification of the key drivers of business profitability.
The specialist skills that you will develop in the Master of Management (Accounting) include:
- Business technology to capture, store and visualize data
- Preparation of financial and business reports using applied software
- Financial statement analysis including the use of data analytics
- Strategic cost consulting and management for industry
- Reporting and analysis tools to effectively manage businesses
- Assurance and risk assessment
Who is it for?
Melbourne’s Master of Management (Accounting) has been specifically designed for students without previous studies in accounting or business.
The program is also offered as a 1.5 year full time option (part-time equivalent available for domestic students) if you have previously completed a undergraduate degree in business, commerce or a related discipline.
Our program is designed so Melbourne Accounting graduates have the technology and analytical skill set to be equipped for a wide range of employment opportunities. The program will qualify you to work in a broad range careers including the Big4 firms, consulting and professional service firms, smaller accounting firms, the finance sector and the corporate sector
This degree is accredited by CPA Australia and the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
Successful completion of the Master of Management (Accounting) prepares students to apply for entry to the following professional studies programs:
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA)