Single Subject Study in Law
The application closing date is generally two weeks before the subject begins. Check the teaching dates on the University Handbook.
All subjects within the Melbourne Law Masters program have quotas limiting the number of students able to enrol. This ensures that class sizes are suitable to provide an optimal learning environment. To help ensure availability we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Prior to making a formal application for single subject study, please confirm subject availability for your desired dates.
Sign up for the Melbourne Law Masters Newsletter to receive program updates.
Check that you meet the selection requirements and any prerequisites for the subject(s) by visiting the Handbook entry for the subject.
Check if subject is full
You should next check if the subject has reached its quota limit by visiting the subject availability page. Note: If the subject is full you can still apply for the waitlist.
Apply through one of the methods available
Complete and submit an application form, attaching the relevant supporting documentation. If you do not have a law degree (LLB, JD or equivalent) at honours standard or equivalent, your curriculum vitae (CV) needs to show that you have sufficient work experience related to the area of study for which you are applying. Please include the company name in your business address (if relevant).
1. Apply through Community Access Program (CAP)
- Assessed mode code: NA-CAPPG
- Non-assessed mode code: NA-AUDITPG
2. Apply through cross-institutional study
If you are not a University of Melbourne student and are thinking of undertaking cross-institutional study at the University of Melbourne
3. Apply through cross-faculty study
You will need
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) and a record (academic transcript) of any previous relevant academic studies taken at another institution
- Reasons for wishing to undertake the subject
- Written approval from your home faculty.
Await a response
Once the completed application is received we aim to have a response to you within four weeks.