Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science

Course overview

  • / 6 months part time
  • Online
  • Available to domestic and international students


Please note this course has been suspended for 2021 intake and is not accepting applications.

Developed by the University of Melbourne and the Centre for Evidence and Implementation Science (CEI), the Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science systematically explores how applying implementation can ensure the success of evidence-based practice in health education and social welfare.

Implementation science is the study of methods and approaches to aid the uptake and integration of research findings into routine practice. The aim of implementation science is to improve the quality of health, education and social services.

The only course of its kind in the Australasian region, this Specialist Certificate enables you to make a broad impact on the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities, whilst developing a stronger understanding of the discipline of implementation, impact on the health and well-being of individuals and society.

Who is this course for?

This course has been designed for a broad range of professionals working in health, education and social welfare who contribute to the implementation of policies, programs or projects, and who would like to improve the delivery of human services.

International students are welcome to study this course. However, please note that this course is not available to international students who require a student visa to study in Australia as it does not meet the onshore study requirements and it is not registered with CRICOS.

Course aims

This course aims to strengthen the implementation knowledge and skills of human service professionals. You will gain a valuable understanding of the core principles of high-quality implementation and its application to the complex environment of health, education and social care.


By successfully completing this course you may be eligible for credit toward the Master of Advanced Social Work or Master of Health and Human Services.

You may also be interested in the following courses: