Bachelor of Biomedicine
- #1 in Australia for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health
- #14 in the world for Clinical, Pre-Clinical and Health
- CRICOS Code: 058838G
- VTAC Code: 3800538051
- International VTAC Code: 3800538053
How to apply
Applying for semester one intake (February)
All domestic students apply for this course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
If you are a domestic student studying your final year of secondary school outside Australia, you still apply through VTAC and you must submit your final results, as soon as they are available, to VTAC. You can submit your application to VTAC before you get your final results.
If you are applying to commence in second-year or later, you still need to apply through VTAC.
Applying for Semester 2 intake (July) – mid year entry
A number of undergraduate courses accept applications for mid-year entry. This is a separate application. For detailed information on eligibility, entry requirements and how to apply, see:
Special entry and equity program (Access Melbourne)
Access Melbourne is the University of Melbourne's special entry and equity program for domestic students.
It can help you gain a place in a degree even if your ATAR is below the selection rank normally needed for an offer, you still need to make sure you meet the course prerequisites. You may be eligible for guaranteed entry and there are Access Scholarships available also.
You can apply using one or more of these categories:
- Disadvantaged financial background (guaranteed entry category)
- From a rural or isolated area (guaranteed entry category)
- Under-represented school
- Difficult circumstances
- Disability or medical condition
- Non-English speaking background
- Recognition as an Indigenous Australian (guaranteed entry category)
- Mature-age consideration (Non-School leaver entry pathway)
Each category has its own criteria, so before applying, check to see if you are eligible.
Applications for Access Melbourne and Access Scholarships are made when you apply through VTAC using the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) application form on the VTAC website.
Your offer and enrolment
In January, VTAC will notify you if you have received an offer for your course. You will also receive an official offer email from the University of Melbourne explaining how to accept your offer and what you need to do to enrol.
Before you apply
- Check the degree entry requirements to make sure you are eligible
- Submit your application for this course through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Check to see if you are eligible for Access Melbourne and submit an application via the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS) on the VTAC website
- Check to see if you are eligible for any scholarships and if any specific applications are needed
- Visit the VTAC website in January to view your offer for Semester 1 entry. If you have been successful you will also get an official email from the University
- Accept your offer to the University of Melbourne and complete your enrolment