Surgical Crown Lengthening
Crown lengthening is a commonly required surgical procedure to improve access to restoration margins, lengthen the clinical crown or to improve aesthetics. This one-day course is aimed at general practitioners wishing to improve their clinical and surgical skills and increase confidence in undertaking this procedure on their own patients. The emphasis of this course is on improving the restoration of teeth by surgical removal or repositioning of the gingivae and supporting bone.
Program Delivery – Online Blended Learning and Hands-on Pre-clinical session
- Online web lectures via Learning Management System, Canvas.
- A short MCQ (multiple choice questions)to cement your knowledge on the lecture topics. An additional one hour of Scientific CPD is awarded.
- Online Live Q&A Session for follow up questions and interaction with the presenters.
- Hands-on Pre-clinical lab session – this session is only available to participants who have first completed the online blended learning lectures, MCQ and Live Q&A session
- Anatomy of the periodontium and biologic width
- Indications and the periodontal/restorative interface
- Techniques for surgical crown lengthening on pigs heads
- Hands-on sessions raising flaps and removing bone
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be familiar with:
- treatment planning
- indication for and basic techniques in surgical crown lengthening
For enquiries, contact: email@example.com
Check out a full profile on the presenters.
Dr Melinda Newnham
Dr Andrei Locke