Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
Important! Please make sure you have read the How to Apply information for this course prior to reading the audition requirements below.
2022 Start Year Intake
Call-back auditions will take place from Monday 22 November to Tuesday 7 December 2021.
Please note, applicants who wish to apply for both the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Theatre), and the Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting), must submit a separate application for each course. You will also be required to audition for both courses.
Successful applicants will not be able to transfer between courses.
Applicants must submit a recorded audition via the supplementary application.
Applicants must prepare three memorised contrasting monologues with each piece being approximately 2- 3 minutes in length.
Additionally, applicants must prepare 16 bars of any song to be sung a Capella.
The monologues and song must be recorded in one take without edits.
Please consult the Acting Audition Monologue Booklet for detailed audition guidelines.
Please also see Recorded Audition Tips for helpful advice on how to film your monologues.
Shortlisted applicants from the recorded audition submissions will be invited to attend a virtual or a live face-to-face call-back audition at the Southbank campus.
Callback audition arrangements may change depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
Further information will be given to each candidate invited to a callback.
How will I be assessed?
Your audition will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel on your ability to:
- make sense of the text within the context of the play
- make emotional and imaginative connection within the text
- work in the moment with character choices and interpretation appropriate to the text.
In the call-back audition, shortlisted applicants will be assessed on their ability to:
- demonstrate vocal ability, and potential for development
- interpret a song imaginatively or emotionally
- demonstrate physical ability, and potential for development
- listen and respond to direction imaginatively
- work in a collaborative manner, with flexibility and openness.