Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television)
2021 Start Year Intake – interview dates will be advertised mid-year 2020.
Shortlisted applicants must be prepared to:
- Present up to 7 minutes of your filmmaking work.
- Discuss in detail two original film or television ideas that may be developed during your time at VCA.
The interview will run for approximately 30 minutes. Due to time restrictions the panel will not read scripts or writing samples during or after the interview. However, you are welcome to bring other additional relevant creative work and visual material to present to the panel, time permitting.
Conditions of enrolment
Successful applicants must meet the following conditions before commencing the course:
First Aid certification
Obtain a “Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)” certificate that will remain valid for the duration of your course.
Pay a one-off $1,000 bond prior to enrolment, refundable upon completion or withdrawal of the course. The bond encourages you to treat our equipment with care.
Terms and conditions
As part of your Selection Test or Supplementary Application Form submission (whichever is applicable) you will be required to read and accept the Terms and Conditions on which the offer of a place is made.
Can't attend the interview?
Shortlisted applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the interview in person. However, applicants who may be overseas, interstate or in regional Victoria may alternatively submit a recorded interview. Please note, once the recorded interview request has been made, the applicant will no longer be given an opportunity to attend the interview in person.
In the recorded interview, applicants are required to:
- Answer a series of questions, which will be emailed to you after the Selection Test closing date.
- Include a sample of your creative work. Any video work should be no longer than a maximum of 7 minutes. Whole works are preferable to show reels.
- "Pitch" two original film or television ideas that may be developed during your time at VCA.
Applicants will be sent information on how to prepare and submit a recorded interview.
If you would like to transfer to another Faculty of Fine Arts and Music course, you need to re-apply and ensure you meet that course’s entry requirements in order to be selected.
You can find these requirements on every course page.