Bachelor of Fine Arts (Production)
Important! Please make sure you have read the How to Apply information for this course prior to reading the interview requirements below.
2022 Start Year Intake
Interviews will take place from Monday 22 - Friday 26 November 2021.
Selection Project requirements
The selection project is to be uploaded via the supplementary application form.
You will be interviewed by a selection panel of at least two staff members, specific to your chosen specialisation. The interview will involve:
- Discussion of your selection project (your annotated script and the two items you have made in response to the key dramatic moment)
- Discussion of why you are applying for the course.
The interview will run for approximately 30 minutes and will be conducted online via Zoom Web Conferencing.
You are invited to present examples of previous work that may support your application, for example, art or design folio, paperwork created for productions, lighting plans, photographs of previous shows, etc.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- Ability to identify and explain the potential for production elements (including, but not limited to, light, sound, set, props, projection, and costume) within a script extract
- Ability to interpret meaning from the text within the context of the play
- Capacity to generate technical and creative staging ideas for the scene in the script extract
- Ability to communicate technical and creative ideas
- Quality of produced items
In the interview, applicants will be assessed against the following criteria by the selection panel:
- Demonstrated understanding and interest in the nominated area(s) of specialisation
- Demonstrated understanding of the course structure and expectations of the program
- Displayed level of maturity and self-motivation required for the course
- Relevant previous experience and demonstrated potential for development