Graduate Diploma in Music (Practical Music)
Applying for 2019 mid-year intake
Live auditions were held between 3 - 7 June 2019. Further information will be sent to applicants after applications close.
Applying for 2020 Semester 1 intake (February) - early assessment round (international applications only)
Auditions are to be submitted electronically via Slideroom by 30 April 2019, 11.59pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time UTC+10)
Applying for 2020 Semester 1 intake (February) - main assessment round (domestic and international applicants)
Live auditions/interviews will be held in November 2019. Further information on schedules and due dates for recorded auditions will be published soon.
- Applicants should prepare three pieces of music, no longer than 30 minutes in total, demonstrating their skill on the instrument they wish to study.
- Select each piece from the Western Art Music repertoire (except for electric guitar and bass).
- Pieces should be of contrasting style, period and composer (e.g. works from the Baroque, Romantic and 20th century repertoires).
- The audition panel may also ask to hear technical work (scales, arpeggios, etc.).
- Applicants will be advised of the schedule for live and the upload process for recorded auditions in early May 2018.
Can't attend the audition?
While we strongly recommend all applicants attend a live audition, applicants who are based overseas or interstate may alternatively submit a recorded audition via their Audition Application Form on SlideRoom
Recorded audition due date coming soon.
If you would like to transfer to another Faculty of Fine Arts and Music course, you need to re-apply and ensure you meet that course’s entry requirements in order to be selected.
You can find these requirements on every course page.