Master of Dance
Important! Please make sure you have read the How to Apply information for this course prior to reading the interview requirements below.
2023 Start Year Intake
Interviews will take place from Wednesday 9 to Friday 11 November 2022.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a 20-minute interview by the Selection Panel. Applicants will be sent detailed interview instructions after the closing date.
Applicants should prepare to discuss:
- intentions and goals in undertaking the course
- professional and/or academic history in relation to the field
- understanding of concepts and processes particular to dance as a field of knowledge
Shortlisted applicants will be sent detailed interview instructions after the closing date.
How will I be assessed?
Your portfolio will be assessed against the following criteria by the Selection Panel:
- quality of produced items
- technical and practical competence
- imaginative and creative capacity
- relevant previous experience and demonstrated potential for development
- past academic achievements and/or experience
In the interview, shortlisted applicants will be assessed against the following criteria by the Selection Panel:
- motivation for undertaking the course
- ability to communicate technical and creative ideas
- understanding of dance and its significance
- articulation of their own practice and aspirations
Please note that all applicants will be ranked based on the above criteria, up to the capacity of places within the course.