We’re looking forward to increasing our campus-based in-person teaching and learning, study and social activities throughout 2022, and most importantly, welcoming you back to our campuses across Victoria.
There will be three delivery modes for your subjects:
- Dual-Delivery: blend of online and on-campus delivery; all students can enrol in these subjects
- Online: delivered solely online with no on-campus or in-person activity; all students can enrol in these subjects
- Campus-based (in person): these subjects have a requirement for campus-based or in-person activities; only students who can attend campus can enrol in these subjects.
You can find the delivery mode for your subjects in the subject listing of the Handbook which is the source of truth for your course, subject information and participation/attendance requirements of your classes.
International travel to Victoria
Studying online at Melbourne is an opportunity that is available to everyone regardless of your location or time zone. If you’re outside Australia and are unable to travel to Australia due to international travel restrictions, you do not need to worry - you’ll continue to have access to support services and opportunities in and outside of the classroom.
We continue advocating for the Australian Government to permit international student travel to Australia and will let you know as soon as we have advice about how this will happen, including any vaccination requirements.
Return to campus
We’re delighted to welcome you back to our campuses, and we look forward to being reunited with our students studying outside Australia when you will be able to join us.
We’ve been working hard to make sure our campuses are as safe as possible, so if you're planning to visit, or have classes or appointments on campus, make sure you complete the COVIDSafe LMS module and follow our COVIDSafe checklist to help ensure our community’s health, safety and wellbeing.
Many of our services will continue to operate virtually to reach as many students as possible, so it’s important to check what's available before dropping in, and book ahead where necessary.
Our return to campus is informed by government and public health advice. Learn more about our return to campus on the dedicated website.
Keeping you safe
There has been enhanced infection control and cleaning measures out into place across all of our campuses to ensure we are creating the safest environment and continuing to prioritise the health and safety for all of our staff, students and the local community.
Meet Sophie: Bachelor of Design student
Life and study don’t always to follow a conventional path. The shakeup to Sophie’s plans after finishing the Bachelor of Design has turned out to be an inspiring time.Read story
Scenarios we're working to resolve for prospective students
- The University is working closely with the Victorian Government to determine when we may be able to participate in a potential pilot program for some international students to travel to Melbourne when it is safe to do so. At this stage, the pilot has not yet been confirmed. We will publish further information when available
- What happens if your qualifying degree, associated prerequisites or other entry requirements for graduate coursework and research are impacted
- What happens if your final year secondary school qualification has been significantly disrupted
- What happens if you are unable to sit an entry exam for entry into a course, including an English language test
- The provision of conditional Confirmations of Enrolment (CoEs) for international students where final documentation might not be available
- What the course offer acceptance process for international students will be, including arrangements for fee deposits.