We’re increasing our campus-based in-person teaching and learning, study and social activities throughout 2022, and most importantly, welcoming you to our campuses across Victoria.
In 2022 we are offering flexible learning options to maintain the vibrancy of our campuses while also supporting our overseas students who are not yet able to travel Melbourne. These delivery modes include:
- Dual-Delivery: most subjects are a blend of online (for students outside Australia) and on-campus (for students in Australia)
- On Campus: some subjects with essential in-person activities
- Online: some subjects are delivered solely online
From Semester 1, 2023 most programs and subjects, particularly at the undergraduate level will be delivered on campus. We look forward to warmly welcoming all of our students to our campuses to enjoy the rich atmosphere of university life. Dual delivery and online modes may continue to be available for some postgraduate courses and individual subjects.
You can find the delivery mode for your subjects in the subject listing of the Handbook which is the source of truth for your course, subject information and participation/attendance requirements of your classes. 2023 subjects will be available in November 2022.
The University of Melbourne is committed to COVIDSafe campuses – to find out what this means for you and your studies, see our COVID-19 student updates page.
International travel to Victoria
If you’re outside Australia and are still unable to travel to Australia due to international travel restrictions, you do not need to worry - you’ll continue to have access to online classes and support services in and outside of the classroom.
Fully vaccinated eligible visa holders can enter Australia without the need for a travel exemption. We are excited to welcome all students to our campuses and hope you will join us soon. For more information visit international student arrivals.
Return to campus
We’re delighted to welcome you back to our campuses, and we look forward to being reunited with our students studying outside Australia when you will be able to join us.
We’ve been working hard to make sure our campuses are as safe as possible, so if you're planning to visit, or have classes or appointments on campus, make sure you complete the COVIDSafe LMS module and follow our COVIDSafe checklist to help ensure our community’s health, safety and wellbeing.
Many of our services will continue to operate virtually to reach as many students as possible, so it’s important to check what's available before dropping in, and book ahead where necessary.
Our return to campus is informed by government and public health advice. Learn more about our return to campus on the dedicated website.
Keeping you safe
There has been enhanced infection control and cleaning measures out into place across all of our campuses to ensure we are creating the safest environment and continuing to prioritise the health and safety for all of our staff, students and the local community.
Meet Sophie: Bachelor of Design student
Life and study don’t always to follow a conventional path. The shakeup to Sophie’s plans after finishing the Bachelor of Design has turned out to be an inspiring time.Read story
Scenarios we're working to resolve for prospective students
- The University is working closely with the Victorian Government to determine when we may be able to participate in a potential pilot program for some international students to travel to Melbourne when it is safe to do so. At this stage, the pilot has not yet been confirmed. We will publish further information when available
- What happens if your qualifying degree, associated prerequisites or other entry requirements for graduate coursework and research are impacted
- What happens if your final year secondary school qualification has been significantly disrupted
- What happens if you are unable to sit an entry exam for entry into a course, including an English language test
- The provision of conditional Confirmations of Enrolment (CoEs) for international students where final documentation might not be available
- What the course offer acceptance process for international students will be, including arrangements for fee deposits.