The community atmosphere of clubs at the University of Melbourne is unmatched and underpins all aspects of university life. Finding an anchor in a key group of like-minded friends is the ultimate way to enhance your overall university experience – and getting involved with different clubs is the best way to do so!Lauren GirardiBachelor of Arts student
bike parking spaces
museums and galleries
of students regularly play sport on campus
clubs and societies
coffee shops on campus
for student satisfaction in teaching among Group of Eight universities
Our Student Life Commitment
We’re taking a renewed approach to student life, focusing on a series of key commitments to our valued undergraduate students.
- You'll be assisted and guided through your transition to university, especially in your first semester
- Develop a connection and sense of belonging with your peers and the wider University community
- Have access to a network of advisers and mentors for personalised advice to ensure you make the most of your study and engagement opportunities
- Have a transformative experience intellectually as well as personally, through excellent and challenging teaching and learning
- Become active in responding to the needs of the local and global community through volunteering, service and social entrepreneurship
- Be recognised for your individual and group achievements over the course of your degree.
New initiatives are already underway, which we will continue to develop and implement throughout 2020–21 to support these commitments.
Melbourne Peer Mentor Program
Wellbeing @ Melbourne
Caring for yourself is an important part of your study journey. Initiatives such as the Melbourne Peer Mentoring program, Academic Advising, Counselling and Psychological Services and the Health Promotion Program are designed to support you from day one.
Academic skills support
Our campus community
Student Equity and Disability Support
Welcome to MU Sport
We're committed to providing a dynamic student experience with a vast range of competitive, recreational and instructional clubs, sports programs and extensive fitness services. Join an inclusive and welcoming environment with programs designed to support all members of the University community, from our Elite Athlete Program, through to our diversity and inclusion programs and various inter-varsity competitions.
Study overseas for part of your degree
There are countless ways to get involved and create your own uni experience, like studying overseas for part of your degree. Not only is it an unforgettable experience, but you'll also come away with benefits like understanding new cultures, developing valuable skills, and preparing for a global future. We have a range of programs available to give you the international experience you're looking for.