Medley Hall is a University-owned residential college. It is home to 57 students at the Hall itself and 15 mature-age and graduate students at nearby Cydelia House. Welcoming and inclusive, Medley Hall is the smallest of the residental colleges with a focus on social and environmental sustainablity. Live close to campus and the city in a beautiful heritage-listed, Victorian mansion connected with a modern building.
- Safe and comfortable accommodation
- All meals are included with a focus on ethically sourced and sustainable food
- Academic and social activities to help you feel connected and supported
- Focus on environmental and social sustainability
Medley has a commitment to creating a culturally safe and inclusive environment, as a residential college on the Country of the Kulin Nations.
We welcome students from a diverse range of backgrounds and aim to provide an intellectually and socially stimulating community.
We hold true to the values of inclusion, respect and responsibility - for the physical and social environment, as well as for individual action.
We do this through organising a range of activities and opportunities, including:
- Welcome week
- Formal dinners
- Dinner guests who range from public figures, academics, authors and artists with expertise in areas as diverse as social justice, heath, music, sculpture and writing
- Music recitals
- Practical skill-building classes
- The Medley Ball
- Events between the colleges including Battle of the Bands, theatre sports and dinner swaps
- Academic tutorials run by in-house tutors