Private rental market and sharehouses

You can find a range of private rental and share house accommodation types through the Housing Online Noticeboard and several private accommodation search websites.

Housing Online Noticeboard

The Housing Online Noticeboard is managed by the University of Melbourne and lists a range of student accommodation vacancies, including private rentals and rooms in share houses.

To see what's available, visit Housing Online Noticeboard

Private accommodation search websites

You can also find private rental and share house accommodation through the following websites.

Note: The following companies listed are independent, private businesses and are not owned or operated by the University of Melbourne.

It is your responsibility to make sure your private accommodation suits your needs. Any rental agreement or arrangement you enter into is strictly between you and the private accommodation provider. Each provider will have their own application process. You'll need to contact them to find out how to apply.

Also ensure you know your tenancy rights before signing a rental agreement.