Master of Architecture/Master of Urban Planning
- CRICOS Code: 105516K
The Master of Architecture combined with the Master of Urban Planning positions students to be industry ready and have flexibility within the employment market. It gives you the opportunity to express your creativity while giving you the skills to plan and design for the improvement of urban spaces. The multidisciplinary approach gives you the ability to realise synergies between disciplines, broadening your skillset and giving you a contemporary understanding of the built environment profession.
This program aims to provide you with:
- highly developed skills to manage an architectural practice and lead or work within cross-discipline project teams;
- an understanding of Australian and international policy and planning affecting human settlements;
- a sustainable outlook with the ability to use new materials and technologies to create environmentally sustainable buildings;
- the ability to adapt and respond through planning and design to the global changes impacting our cities including climate change, deepening inequality, concerns for community health and safety, and the emergence of city-regions;
- a grounding in architectural history, theory and technology that leads to the creation of innovative architecture.
By combining the Master of Architecture and the Master of Urban Planning as a double degree, our students complete two professionally accredited graduate programs in a reduced timeframe. This gives them a true competitive advantage and broader career options. Dual accreditation also offers a distinctive signal to employers and industry and enhances our existing graduate reputation for strong leadership and strategic thinking skills, embedded in our expertise in providing a world-class built environment education influencing Melbourne and cities globally for over 150 years.