Master of Medicine
- CRICOS Code: 007317M
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
The Master of Medicine (by Research) at University of Melbourne is available to medical graduates of at least two years standing and not less than two years experience as a medical officer in a hospital affiliated to an appropriate university for the purpose of teaching.
The program gives students the opportunity to undertake research on a specific area of medicine under academic supervision. The degree can be undertaken in the following departments of the Melbourne Medical School:
- General Practice
- Medicine, St Vincent's Hospital
- Medicine, Western Precinct
- Paediatrics, Royal Children's Hospital
- You may commence at any time during the year between 1 February and 31 October. Commencement in January or December is not advisable.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with your nominated supervisor (Scholarships have separate rules and you should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary your scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.