Master of Medicine
- CRICOS code: 007317M
The Master of Medicine (by Research) at University of Melbourne is available to medical graduates of at least two years standing and not less than two years experience as a medical officer in a hospital affiliated to an appropriate university for the purpose of teaching.
The program gives students the opportunity to undertake research on a specific area of medicine under academic supervision. The degree can be undertaken in the following departments of the Melbourne Medical School:
- General Practice
- Medicine, St Vincent's Hospital
- Medicine, Western Precinct
- Paediatrics, Royal Children's Hospital
- You may commence at any time during the year between 1 February and 31 October. Commencement in January or December is not advisable.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with your nominated supervisor (Scholarships have separate rules and you should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary your scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.