Master of Philosophy - MDHS (Biomedical Science)
- CRICOS Code: 091556K
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic and international students.
Master of Philosophy - MDHS (Biomedical Science) is an internationally recognised masters by research degree designed for students to develop advanced skills in independent and sustained research on a particular topic under academic supervision.
The graduate thesis should demonstrate a critical application of specialist knowledge and make an independent contribution to existing research in the field. Research projects are available in the areas of:
- Cell signalling
- Cellular imaging
- Infection and immunity
- Molecular mechanisms of disease
- Stem cells
- Structural biology
- Systems biology
- Therapeutics and translation
- Students may commence the Higher Degree by Research at any time during the year between 1st March and 31 October. Commencement between 1st and 28th February or between 1st and 30th November may be approved subject to approval of the proposed principal supervisor. Commencement in January or December is not permitted.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with their nominated supervisor and the Learning and Teaching Unit. (Scholarships have separate rules and students should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary their scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.
A range of University policies and procedures apply to Higher Degrees by Research and students should familiarise themselves with these policies, via the University of Melbourne Policy Library.