Master of Surgery
- CRICOS Code: 006666J
- 2 years full time / 4 years part time
- Parkville campus located in the heart of Melbourne city
- Available to domestic students
The Master of Surgery by research at University of Melbourne is a program in which a candidate undertakes research in a specific aspect of surgery under academic supervision.
This course is available to medical graduates of at least two years standing and not less than two years experience as a medical officer in a hospital affiliated to an appropriate university for the purpose of teaching.
The Master of Surgery by research can be undertaken in any of the following departments of the Melbourne Medical School:
- Surgery, Austin Health
- Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Surgery, St Vincent's Hospital
- Surgery, Western Campus
- Surgery, Northern Health
- Paediatrics, Royal Children's Hospital
- You may commence at any time during the year between 1 February and 31 October. Commencement in January or December is not advisable.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with your nominated supervisor (Scholarships have separate rules and you should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary your scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.