Submit your folio via the supplementary application form, due Wednesday 16 November.
Composition applicants are required to submit a 20-minute folio of compositions and are not required to attend an interview. The folio should include:
- Original works only (no arrangements or style-imitation).
- At least one work must be a notated score.
- At least one work must be written in the last two years.
- Recordings of folio works
MIDI recordings are acceptable, however it is advisable to submit at least one example of a live or studio performance. Folio materials should be submitted in PDF and mp3 format.
For University of Melbourne Bachelor of Music graduates or potentially complete students: you will be asked to indicate your student status in the supplementary application form, which will determine whether a folio submission is required.
Personal Artistic Statement
This should be submitted in video format (approx. 90 second duration) addressing the following questions:
- Who are your musical heroes?
- What artistic ideals do you hold most passionately?
- How might the Bachelor of Music Honours degree at MCM impact your artistic journey?
- How do you envisage your artistic practice after graduation?
How will I be assessed?
Applicants will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- artistic conception
- musical creativity
- technique and craft
- sonic effectiveness
- potential for development of an original voice
Please note that all applicants will be ranked based on the above criteria, up to the capacity of places within the course.
Applicants are not required to attend an interview.