Folio and Proposal
Applicants will need to:
- Submit a 15-minute Interactive Composition folio via the supplementary application form. Demonstrate a very high standard of artistic ability within Interactive Composition via a folio of original music and sound with other media works (see folio requirements below).
- Submit a project proposal that frames your work within a creative context and demonstrate how your proposed major project illuminates creativity in music and sound with other media. (250-350 words)
- Please upload no more than 15 minutes in length comprising of 2-3 recent original sound works, or sections thereof, for/with other media such as sound/music with film, animation, gaming, interactive media, theatre, visual art, and lighting design.
- Your original work with other media can be from any style source such as pop song and concert music, laptop performance and electronic performance (such as EDM, hip hop, or other genres), music theatre, music for dance, or other media such as games, advertising, and web use.
- Where appropriate contain a notated music score of at least one of your original works.
The folio will be evaluated on the level of compositional craft and creativity, and suitability for Interactive Composition at the Honours level.
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable application fee payable via the supplementary application.
Please note that some domestic applicants may be eligible for a waiver of the supplementary application fee if you are a Health Care Cardholder or have special circumstances.
For persons who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, the supplementary application fee will be waived. Please contact the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development for assistance.
If you believe you are eligible for a waiver of the supplementary application fee, please contact the faculty via the Enquire Now button (located on the How to Apply page) prior to submitting your supplementary application form, and include a scanned copy of the relevant documentation as evidence of your eligibility.