Academic Writing Sample
Applicants are required to submit an academic writing sample via the supplementary application form by the application closing date.
Musicology and Ethnomusicology applicants are required to submit an academic writing sample of 2000-3000 words, written within the last five years. The writing sample should:
- Demonstrate the applicant’s ability to communicate in scholarly prose.
- Demonstrate awareness of recent literature in the field of the essay's topic.
- Include a bibliography, discography, and/or list of ethnographic interviews as appropriate.
- References should follow a recognisable Style Manual such as the Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (either the note/footnote system or author/date).
- Writing samples may be a research paper, ethnographic report or proposal, literature review, or other genres of academic writing.