Submit your supplementary application form by the application closing date.
Note for currently completing University of Melbourne Bachelor of Music students, or recent graduates of University of Melbourne Bachelor of Music (within the last six months): please submit an University online application only, you do not need to fill in a supplementary application form.
Please upload a personal statement of no less than 250 words addressing the following points (Do not copy these questions into your statement):
- Why do you want to do Honours in Music?
- What made you choose the Tailored stream?
- Tell us about the field/s within music that interest you (for example, music theory and analysis, performance practice, musicology, or education).
- Tell us about things outside of music that interest you or that you have previous background in (for example, languages, politics, psychology, etc.).
- What do you think are your main strengths? And your weaknesses?
- Are there any areas or topics that you would like to explore more?
Applicants will be charged a non-refundable application fee payable via the supplementary application.
Please note that some domestic applicants may be eligible for a waiver of the supplementary application fee, if you are a Health Care Card holder or have special circumstances.
For persons who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, the supplementary application fee will be waived. Please contact the Wilin Centre for Indigenous Arts and Cultural Development for assistance.
If you believe you are eligible for a waiver of the supplementary application fee, please email email@example.com prior to submitting your supplementary application form, and include a scanned copy of the relevant documentation as evidence of your eligibility.