Bachelor of Design (Degree with Honours)
- CRICOS Code: 107132K
The Bachelor of Design (Degree with Honours) is a one-year advanced program of study for students who have achieved academic excellence in their undergraduate degree and have an interest in research. It is a pathway to further studies in graduate research such as a PhD.
Students in the Bachelor of Design (Degree with Honours) will have the opportunity to identify an area of interest from a relevant specialisation, and to complete an independent research thesis, with the guidance of an academic supervisor.
The degree offers two specialisations:
- Architectural History, Theory and Criticism
- Urban Planning
The honours degree involves both coursework and a substantial research project. It is very different from earlier undergraduate years, allowing and requiring a greater degree of independence and flexibility. This will help you develop the maturity and skills for transition to employment in a range of occupations or to a higher degree.
Why study honours?
- Adds value to your Bachelor degree.
- Provides you with an advanced undergraduate year to demonstrate academic excellence.
- Sets you apart as a student with experience of research methodology and practical research credentials.
- Provides a possible pathway directly into a Research Higher Degree.
- Fulfil the eligibility to enter a Masters by Coursework degree.